The term ‘chauffeur’ has French origins. Simply put, chauffeurs are first-class taxi drivers that go beyond the call of duty to offer their clients a personalised service that is adapted to suit their needs and desires.
Chauffeurs are hired for a variety of reasons such as weddings, funerals, business meetings and special birthday parties. They add a sprig of class to any event or occasion. But like all services, you should only pay for the best there is and avoid the ‘cowboys’ that hide their classy business name.
Below are three ways to ensure that you hire the best chauffeur possible.
1. Prior to signing any contracts or making any rash decisions, you should seek advice from friends and family or ask them to recommend a chauffeur for you to hire. Good chauffeurs know the importance of ‘word of mouth’ referrals and will often offer discounts to friends and family.
2. Type your town and the word “chauffeur” into your preferred search engine. Often people will leave reviews of how they found the service to be on the company’s Facebook page. Take note of each compliment or criticism to use when making your final decision.
3. While online, you should jot down the contact details for chauffeur companies in your area. Call each and explain what type of service you require. After this, you should be able to compare the services available from each and which company appears to offer a better service.
Desirable Attributes for a Chauffeur
• The perfect chauffeur should have proper etiquette. As part of their employment, they are required to open and close car doors and at all times refer to you as ‘sir’ or ‘madam’
• The perfect chauffeur should wear the proper attire. Commonly, they d